- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and, with a whisk attachment, beat into a whipped cream until soft peaks are formed.
- Put immediately into an airtight container and refrigerate until needed. (Preferably use right away)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (150 g) sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (I got this out of 1.5 medium/large lemons)
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- In a sauce pan, whisk together the eggs, sugar and lemon juice until combined. Turn heat on medium/medium-low, and stir with a wooden spoon, constantly scraping the bottom of the pan.
- Continue stirring and scraping pan – DO NOT STOP or your eggs will scramble. You do not need to violently stir this, just constantly keep it moving. The sauce is done when it starts to get thick, similar to the consistency of ketchup.
- Immediately remove pan from heat, and pour through a sieve into a separate bowl (try to remove as much from the pan as you can). Lightly stir the curd that remains in the sieve to get it through, but do not press down – the point of this is to remove the scrambled egg pieces that inevitably end up in there.
- Whisk in the butter, piece by piece until completely melted and emulsified. Add in zest, and whisk until blended.
- Cool with a piece of plastic wrap placed directly on the curd, so a skin does not form. Refrigerate for up to one week.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- green food coloring
- Place the sugar, butter, lime juice, lime zest in the top of a double boiler; stir over medium-high heat until butter melts. Mix 2 tablespoons hot lime mixture into the eggs and stir to blend.
- Reduce heat to medium until water simmers. Slowly whisk egg mixture into the lime mixture. Cook over the double boiler until lime mixture thickens and coats the back of a wooden spoon, 20 to 25 minutes. Add green food coloring if desired. Cool slightly and spoon into a clean, glass jar. Cover and refrigerate.